Wednesday, May 28, 2008

broad daylight plants robbery

I was in my Kelisa, going ever so slowly cruising the neighbourhood under the hot sun. I'm glad that this car has a good air conditioner. Else I'd be fried.

I look around and scrutinize the flower beds and plants. I am looking for a plant with colourful flowers. Purple..white..and some even have yellow flowers. A small one with 5 petals. It goes by the name Periwinkle or Catharanthus roseus. I'll be needing it for my lab experiments later on.

It is a medicinal plant with plenty of phytochemical properties. A wonderful plant with useful metabolites that can be used to treat cancer, diabetes and fungal growth.

I knew it is a common plant but I didn't know that it has such usage. Amazing ain't it?

So..that's at least a good start since I knew that I have seen it before. Now, the problem is narrowed down to the location of the plant.

I went around the garden and it was 1pm. Under the hot sun, I don't know why the heck are the residents came out to their porch and ... well ... no idea of what they wanted to do. All I know was that I attracted curious stares when I was going at 20km/h.

I was looking for the bloody plant for god's sake! I'm going to steal your plant -- not planning to sneak into your home! So don't worry and get back into the house!

But I understand. If suddenly on the next morning, I found some fool had incised my plant during the night...a plant which I spent my hours nurturing them...har...I'd be outraged. (Ehem...I saw some really healthy cat's whiskers...but don't have the guts/heart to take it)

Anyways...At last...I found it.

Not in people's carefully cared flower beds BUT near one abandoned house.

Now, I'll just have to wait for 3pm to check it with drA and see if this IS the plant.

So much to do in the name of experiments. It requires a person to steal (well...to take away properties belonging to another person without their permission is considered stealing ehh) ...nothing valuable in terms of re-selling...but plants.....

0 c a r r o t s: