Friday, January 22, 2010

life doesn't have to be picture perfect

I met some interesting people tonight and they are pretty inspiring. The people whom I met was a sweet couple with 3 kids and their girl's friend is really a symbol of youth. I would say that she's bubbly and very much a chatterbox. Haha, not that she reminded me how I was when I was 19...heck, I'm not that bubbly. I guess I was more like the 'whatever' type of person.

Let's see...what was I doing when I was 19...oh...right...I was in college and grunting how much it sucked and yet at the same time, how much fun I was having just because college sucked and I enjoyed it (hey, I've got like 3 floors full of books for a library, an Olympic size pool and several cool subjects to learn: psychology being one of them). I remember having a beautiful and wonderful biology teacher who is now married with kid(s).

I was thinking of the couple and the chatterbox while I was driving just now and the radio station somehow 'reads' my mind. They play good soothing songs and it suits my mood until some few number of racer wannabes zoom past. I thought they look so not cool with modified cars -- I'm the person who thought, you should get a proper real power car instead of start modifying the exterior to make them look like one.

Anyways, given the chance, I'd love to get a sportscar and drive all the way from KL up till Penang or down to Johor (hopefully that car come with a good sound system too).

So, why did I admire the couple whom I met just now? Well, it seems like suddenly Life wanted me to refresh what I always told myself in a solid form. And you may wonder what I told myself most of the time? LOL...ain't going to write that down today. Maybe some other time...tonight is not the night. Anyways, to keep it short and simple:
The couple reminded me that it is alright to dream. Liv was the first example that tells me that I should learn to trust in dreams and this couple was the second.

The sweetest and best thing about that couple is that they stay by each other in times of difficulty (as how they told me. i don't know but I'm always skeptical in a way, thinking if it is true. Anyways, I don't see what's their gain in weaving stories, so I chose to believe in what they told me). Yea, the idea of going through the ups and downs of Life together as well as sharing all the joys, tears, poverty and wealth...and then grow wrinkly together...Hmm..that would complete the jigsaw puzzle of Life, huh :)

Ah, then again, sometimes, I guess I had became so independent in certain ways that I refused to dream about happily ever after-kinda-tales. But, I supposed I should try, at least it makes Life more colorful. Probably I'll die dreaming but ~whatever. Dreams don't have to always become a reality...if it doesn't then it doesn't. Oh, but it is pretty difficult to dream. Not exactly a bad thing I guess. Unlike the cute lil' chatterbox whom I met, I can see that her life at this point is very well painted.

I'm saying if you throw her down, she will probably have a hard time trying to get up. However, ignorance is bliss and to be able to dream is a blessing.

He asked me when I think that I would want to get married. Hm, I guess it will be the time when the One person can show me that it is okay to dream and the dream doesn't always turn out to be a nightmare or an illusion which turns into mist when dawn breaks.

Haha...if I don't meet that person, I guess I'll just end up being on my own. I mean, I'm well capable in taking care of myself. Moreover, like what a friend once told me; we come to the world alone and being blessed with family and friends, but in the end, we will still leave them and walk alone back to where we came from. Well, if there's no dream, I supposed that would be how things will turn out to be.

Sighs. Whatever it will be, it's not really something which I should worry about. Things come when they come and they will take care of themselves.

Bunny thinks aloud,"Hey that person! Is it alright for me to dream?"
...Silence...
Bunny knocks herself awake..Geez..sometimes, the whole idea is just naive and silly. You dream, and you get all so happy and contented and suddenly, somehow, a storm comes and it shatters your dream. Then you'd have to pick up the pieces and dress up your cuts.
...thinks...is it always that way? ~whatever, huh...

***
Ouh...February is soon approaching...I hope there will be some light in February. Geez...then again...things will get tougher than now. I wonder if I can manage because there will be so much juggling to do.

Hm...but as always: If I survive this one, I can take the next that comes along.
If you are in a situation like I am...well, I guess no harm trying to dream :)




(photo courtesy of http://cotton-candy-summer.xanga.com/photos/7316a131432415)

0 c a r r o t s: