Friday, July 18, 2008

On a I C E C R E A M H I G H

I am high on ice cream.
This is Bud's Lava Brownie. True to its name, there are BROWNIE CHUNKS in it...the size of your fingernails and damn, they are good!

However, I don't quite fancy the ice cream's texture. It's a little too milky for my taste and gets soft real fast. It is just like a normal Nestle ice cream...only a slight bit better..I know..not really a good choice but it's the best you can get when there wasn't any choices around.

Next, I'll be trying Sara Lee's ;)

And I'll definitely save Ben & Jerry's to the last because, I supposed after trying all the bad ones, the best ice cream will be able to resurrect my tastebuds. *LOL*
I wonder if the hypermarkets are selling B&J here...else I'd have to travel to get one bucket...hmmph...

Anyways...after Sara Lee will be Haagen Daz's ice cream fondue! And that, I'll have it after all the exam is done...just a mini celebration. As of now, it doesn't matter if you serve me with B&J, BR, NN, or HD....it's all the taste same to me...

My senses were all numbed by...phytochemistry.

Even the parent complained to me just now that I should tutor her standard 2 son with more enthusiasm and bring in more life especially in the science lesson -- that I should tell him more stories regarding science and make the subject more interesting to him.

Of course, I have to admit that I tutor just because I needed some extra cash. I don't really put much effort to really teach. But hey...when I was a kid, I didn't have that much luxuries as her son has. During my days, there wasn't even an Astro and heck, my mum doesn't even speak English, let alone teach me about science.

And yet, here I am. A biotech student who now thought phytochemistry is so interesting!

But of course, that parent doesn't see that you don't have to force your child every night to study. Moderation is the key. Their interest will come in later on as they grow up.

(Just to add...my general knowledge is pretty bad, so i definitely can't share with kids on which is the largest planet....which I guess is Uranus and the hottest planet is Mars ....hahaa...i only know the smallest is Pluto)
ehem....at the time when I was writing this, I opened several tabs and run a quick check:
largest planet: Jupiter

hottest planet: Venus (maybe that's why women are from Venus...I find that women kind is pretty hot tempered and the pace is very fast -- when you say the wrong thing)

smallest planet: Used to be Pluto but since it was categorized as a dwarf planet in 2006, the current smallest planet is Mercury.

Now, tell me...how can you share these information with kids? They come up with all the 1001 w h y -questions and then at the same time you as a tutor has to guide them through their homework.

uh-huh...whatever, I get the parent's message...MORE ENTHUSIASM...

sighs...but I don't have the heart you know....I rather finish off quickly with them and get back to my own revision because I sorta fucked up my mid-term today, I think (I hope I'm wrong) .... geez...the questions were easy...I just needed more time and concentration on the subject!

0 c a r r o t s: