Saturday, November 15, 2008

Arabian Pilaf Rice & Yo! Sushi - Stole my Senses

You'd thought that I'm complimenting the food products offered by these restaurants but HOW WRONG YOU WERE! It's basically far from it. I went to grab a quick dinner at Pizza Hut (Tesco Ampang) and boy...not only was the service lousy..the food...sighs...is a big disappointment and by this, I mean the Arabian Pilaf Rice.

(Lousy Service: Why?
Perhaps the stall is a little busy during dinner hours, still, you could serve your customer before cleaning up other tables. It wouldn't take long OR the floor crew should have the courtesy to ask us to hold for a while before they can attend to us instead of ignoring us; like if we are invisible and the dirty plates are much more important.)


I know that you shouldn't be too happy when you see the advertisement or flyers because, ever since the birth of photo editing software, any..practically anyThing can appear beautiful.

The next disappointment is Yo!Sushi at Midvalley. That was for dinner which I had the day before I had the pizza. I have not tried this outlet before and I thought to give it a try. The verdict is that it has not only stole my senses, it numbed me.

The plate color coding is priced at:
Blue: RM 5
Purple: RM 8
Orange: RM 10
Pink: RM 14
Green tea (limitless refill): RM 3

The variety is so few...

Empty belt

I tried this sushi roll which has 1 generous block of cream cheese in it...well...I encourage bold and new sensations but I prefer eating cream cheese by itself (prepared with other dishes or cakes). I tried dipping the cream cheese with wasabi and the taste is....uhm...like a cheesy wasabi...in which the wasabi drowned the taste of the cheese.

They have the common sushi and sashimi varieties but they are seriously nothing to be compared to Sushi Zamai in The Gardens. At the very least, I feel satisfied and contented to dine at Sushi Zamai. Seriously I only have 8 plates of sushi there and the price summed up to RM 64. So, I thought it's not worth for that price.

My experience with Sushi Zamai told me that with an additional of RM 30, you'll feel less disgruntled like yours truly here.

Recommendations:
If you are from Cheras, head on to the Pizza Hut in Taman Maluri -- the one opposite Jusco Maluri. At the time of writing, yours truly here is truly satisfied with the service received there (not vouching the food quality of its new range of Flavours of The World)

As for sushi and Japanese food...I have yet to come across a truly amazing outlet which offers a personal touch to both its food and customer service. Hmm...anyways, the only one which really stole my senses was the Fried Ice Cream which I had at Equatorial's japanese restaurant. (and its generous slices of sashimis too..then again, that was ages back -- LOL).

2 c a r r o t s:

Kath said...

I went to Yo Sushi too but I think it was a Sunday, so the food on the belt was actually more. But the prices are really rocket high.

JeNz said...

hahaha...okaiz...i think the next time, I wouldn't go to yo! sushi again..