Sunday, November 16, 2008

Crying Sky, Drowning Self

Politics. The big bold word. Malaysia has it, USA has it, UTAR has it.
okay..that goes to your uni, her uni, his uni...every university has it. But do you think you can be more professional and fair to your fellow student or at the very least, someone who is keen in learning?

She went, "Who is your supervisor?"

I'm like...there goes. Every lecturer IS like that (I mean..in UTAR's scenario). I understand that you might think that it isn't fair or nice to tell the mentee of another lecturer about some facts but hey...can't she just share?

Every field has its own experts and she is the best in the field which I'm inquiring. My lecturer has humbly admitted that she is not good in that field and I should get help some the person who is. So, it's only natural to seek outside help...I mean, if I'm that damn good, I wouldn't even need to ask!

Okay, I thank you for answering my questions but she doesn't have to go 'That will depend on your supervisor', 'Did you not discuss with your supervisor' and 'In that case, you'll have to go to your supervisor' every time. Like duh, I did and both of us thought that it'd a good idea to seek a third opinion.

Sighs...

Okay, since I'm at it now, another rant:
If the education system in Malaysia persists under this condition, we will be facing a 100 years fall back. When she told me that they examine the papers using the blardy marking scheme as a guideline...I knew it right away that one doesn't have to study so hard through understanding. One doesn't need to read any extra relevant notes. It's not important because they have a marking scheme to examine accordingly.

2 c a r r o t s:

Kath said...

Ha! I think I may know which lecturer it is... Sigh.. speaking of politics, yup, Utar definitely has many. Haha. As I found bout through the days.

All the best in your FYP Jen. :D

JeNz said...

sad case right?

sighs...i'm feeling very depressed about FYP already...