Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pearson Book Warehouse SALE 2009

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (screams on >.< ) I don't know but I never get this excited when there's a sale. I don't get so high over boutique sales either. This struck me like an Ice Cream sale (if there is ever one - besides the Baskin Robin 31% discount on every 31st of the month). This is like..AMAZING! So wonderful that it puts MPH and Popular books sale to shame. Seriously, judge it for yourself. The price, variety and number of books being on sale is so generous that even a friend of mine don't believe it when I told him I got 4 books at only RM60. Honestly, books are supposed to be sold at an affordable price just as how I always think that movie tickets should be sold at a fixed and reasonable price. Else, how can they battle with pirates (as in piracy)?! Hell to whichever department or board that says movie tickets are to be priced differently based on the location. If they further increase the level of censoring as well as the entertainment price of the ticket, I bet in the nearer future all cinema would have been taken over by pirates. Just as how books are! Imported ones are priced in the range of RM30 to over a hundred ringgit or more. C'mon, books are meant to increase one's knowledge besides providing endless fun to the reader -- so how can parents plant reading habits into the younger ones when books are downright expensive with so limited places for them to borrow books? Even parents themselves wouldn't read as much if books are so expensive to get. Sooner or later, reading would become a luxury. I reckon that our beloved PM can do something about this. Perhaps by scraping the F1 'goal' and channel that money into research, education and other better things! Sighs...maybe I should take that back. A man that smart wouldn't bother with all these nitty things, would he? (obvious answer is NO, huh)

ANYWAYS
,
back to the sale (I apologize that I always got dragged so far into rantings...haha)...


Event: Pearson & Penguin Books Warehouse Sale
Time: 10am - 7pm
Venue: Pearson Malaysia (off Jalan Templer) : map
Duration: 2th - 11th October 2009

I am so glad that I didn't miss this one (I always miss great sales) out 'coz I have been wanting to buy some books to read (I have been shying away from reading due to the lack of time in revising for finals last time). Then again, like I mentioned, reading seems to be a luxury when the book price is high and there is no where to borrow books, hence I was extremely happy when I found about this sale.

It truly is a warehouse sale as most books are pretty dusty and you don't get latest arrivals on sale. Then again, these books (of all genre from non-fiction to fiction, general to hobbies, children's to adults, education to sudoku's) are priced between RM4 to RM15 (in general, prices can go up to RM60 - that an example for hardcover Harry Potter ). Truly a bargain! Thus, I don't mind the dust and warm surrounding at all as I happily browse through the racks for interesting titles.

Anyways, it ain't too bad as the organiser had been thoughtful enough to place plenty of fans for ventilation as well as to cool down the warmness. I do not know how crowded can the place go but I'm glad that I went on a weekday :) The place is not huge and comfortable but it's okay -- it's just that if everyone goes on the weekends, the place will become sardine can. The only consolation in this case is maybe -- the presence of 2 credit card and cash counters each.

*readers, do go and grab something there! I think sales like this one is really hard to come by:) *

0 c a r r o t s: