Friday, February 3, 2012

Just for Fun - A letter to my 17 years old self

I was reading Kath's blog and I think her letter format is really cute. It'd be interesting if I do find such a letter to myself 18 years back. I googled and found several of blogs writing about the same thing. So, this suddenness gushed into me and here goes:

p/s: preferably I will find this letter after SPM - before I decide on where and what I should do (that's to my 17 years old self)

Dear Bunny,

This is written by your old age self who finally has a regret at this age. Trust me that you'll be extremely and totally glad that you've found this letter sent back in time by the time capsule because This is The Letter that will guide you to the Right Path.

First, Never follow anyone's footsteps and forget about STPM. You will find a brighter future in life with that path ignored. Seriously, do you think some old guy with only a few strands of hair left on his skull will be able to explain Biology to you - especially when all he does was to ask you copy his writings on the board? Smart, he was only trying to get you to buy his text books...so let alone trying to get you interested, he forced you into buying a book he authored. Besides, a Panda in the class would not make you understand Chemistry. I know how confused you were trying to understand his notes. So what if you do get into local university? You can't survive there with so many cons lurking and waiting to pounce on you, a white Bunny. So, honestly, LISTEN to me...start Pre-University program RIGHT away. At least, you'll enjoy classes and dissect your first rat. Moreover, you get to listen to lectures from a lecturer who truly cares if you understand her or not and yes, there is nothing called Pengajian Am, an energy waster.

So, that will lead you right to the University and yes, go into science. I know you will love it and ehem, no matter how much fun you had or the many types of liquor you tried, try to keep it to a minimum. Also, do not agree to help your friend with modeling because that will be the last thing ever that you'd want to do, seriously. That was also another waster even though you eventually had fun but there was a price to pay. Yes, this is a grave warning and you shall abide by it. With that, you will then be rewarded with a good Msc - just bear this in mind - never go for viral-related projects. That person is your bad news. No matter what you do (even if you have to kill your competitors), grab that project from the cancer lady. You will survive better under her wings.

I am sorry though that at this age, I can't provide you with the miraculous 6 digits but let's just say, you can start early with some funds investment since you don't have much luck with gambling. Try to save as much as you can because your later hobby turns out to be rather expensive. Well, it seems that you have a great liking in traveling and you will be climbing a mountain in May 2012 too. Worry not, really, I knew you guys can make it through and to the top for the sunrise! (and still in one piece for the rafting)   

This letter will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Adios,
Me


2 c a r r o t s:

Kath said...

Aww.... You sound so caring in the letter and a bit wistful cum regretful of the path you took. If only we really had our future selves tell us all these huh?

JeNz said...

haha..well..yea..i couldn't deny that there was regrets back then..anyways, gotta learn to grow up on it. if only there was an elder self (like a future self! lol!) to advise me at that time! <3