Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Recent (online) uproar

Several girlfriends of mine shared the CCTV footage uploaded by Amanda Fong and after watching it, I googled to confirm its credibility. It is a real incidence and this blogger did a great job to sum up the entire story.

The photo posted in Joshua's website resembles those of a happily married young couple but this one just turned sour. Seriously, I cannot imagine myself getting married at 19 years old. I had so much life at the age of 19 to be tied down by marriage, hence I can't really see eye-to-eye for those who are married at such a tender age. That may happen during my grandparents' years but nowadays, I supposed anyone who want to be financially secured before they even think about marriage. What I'm trying to say is that you never need/want a husband who can't offer you a roof and warm meals. An immature husband is the worst case scenario.

I took this off my friend's facebook upload . That's the harsh reality now that our government had robbed us all and we are forced to brave ourselves through the uncertain future. There is nothing more like 'leaving tomorrow to the future'. I mean, if my would-be-husband candidate tells me that, I'll gradually walk out of the relationship.

So, ladies...think twice before jumping into a marriage. If your partner shows signs of abuse and he is unable to take care of you, do not...really...do not dive in.

Seriously, marrying at 19 years old to a man like Calven? I don't quite bother who was to be blamed but in my personal conviction, no man should physically abuse a woman. What? Had she killed his parents? If that's the case, then perhaps he has the rights to hit her like that but otherwise, that man should just keep his anger to himself.

No women should suffer this same fate and especially from her other half. If things do not work out, they should settle the issue in the court - file for a divorce. It wouldn't do anyone justice to spread words on the social network. Readers may sympathize but at the end of the day, the victim is just another news of entertainment. For myself, I will truly feel bad and disgusted at news related to rape and murder cases but this type of news ala Amanda vs. Calven ones....I don't know. It's just nothing to be excited about and I feel that it's quite immature to find justice for themselves through the social media. I'd rather them to take it to the newspaper if they really would want to reach out and share their unfortunate incidence with the public (to educate the public somehow and support the abused parties to stand for themselves).


0 c a r r o t s: