Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another random moment...

Another day googling random stuff. I was towards the end of summarizing my results while waiting for my reagents to reach the bench and I swear that I'm going to wrap that part up...in a while more after this. I just need a distraction to get over the fact that my university doesn't offer travel grant for conferences and I can't find a suitable travel grant for Malaysian non-phD postgraduate. JSPS just responded with a negative reply. They are not calling for participants and it seems that they have discontinued the sponsorship program. EHEEM...

I was just googling around to check if I can buy Mars bar in bulk at a cheaper rate...maybe, at RM2.50 or RM3? 7-Eleven charged me RM3.20 for that tiny piece which I'm done with in 4 bites.

Next, I googled on my next destination! Yes...I'm quite done with all the reservations for my Thailand backpacking trip (will reveal my journey after November...and I'm damn proud that I've managed to keep my budget to a minimum). So, yeap...one done, another one will be coming up.

Initially, I thought that I will plan for Australia. There are friends and relatives there who could host me and show me around but on a second thought, I hesitated. No offence but I've got a friend who told me that Australia has got no soul. The city itself is just like another city and there's nothing too amazing for exploring. He may be wrong but come to think of it, I think I've got influenced by a little. Haha....perhaps, there are too many friends who have been there and I wanted to go to somewhere...a place less explored.

Gecko suggested New Zealand.

The first few thoughts that came to me was - Lord of the Rings...Easter island (which I later found that it is located in Chile...dang...I thought I could see and touch the statues of Moai!)...Christchurch (always advertised in AirAsia..I'm so depressed now that they have discontinued the flights)...bungy jumping (SA told me she wanted to do it there...I'm still considering if I should....)

So..yeap...and we shall see how budget this trip will go.
and I don't know why I stumble across this rubber story and it was so funny! I thought that guy would go 'Ya, condom ni juga...ada apa masalah?'
LOL....

0 c a r r o t s: