Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bait...JULIAN McMAHON!

Bait Julian McMohan? Yea..so I wish...


anyway...Thanks to Nuffnang, I'm able to shout out,"SPOILERS ahead! If you are planning to watch it tonight (20th Sept) or this weekend: SKIP this post."

The story started with a tsunami and although the scene was brief, I could already feel the terror down my spine. Perhaps, I was imagining beyond the movie but...imagine this: you are on an island and suddenly, without warning, the water was pulled away from the shore like a blanket and after, probably 3-5 minutes later, the water came crashing onto EVERYTHING.   

Taken from The Telegraph
You were washed by seawater and you might hit the lamp post or the brick wall at 20th floor. You didn't know what caught you but a pole might have poke through you thigh or missed your heart by 5 inches (which cause you to bleed to death anyways). And, lastly...you suffocate and die...that's the worst way to die, take that from me...I was almost drowned; twice - once with my life jacket on. 

Bait captured this scene rather well, showing the necessary gore and corpses. I wouldn't be that calm at all if I was among the few who got caught in that supermarket. I'd go crazy. One scene was especially epic where Jaime was holding on to the security officer's hand when the officer's body was floating away (torn by the shark). If I was Jaime, I would go c r a z y. I would run to Julian McMohan and hug him insane <3 div="div" nbsp="nbsp">
Also...do not eat while you watch if you have good imaginations. I was having my sandwich dinner and I - almost don't feel like chewing the rest of it after seeing those fleshy 'humans'.

Photo taken from Oceanic Dreams
The one good thing about this movie is that they show you the shark. It's not as realistic but heck, that's really better than Jaws and Piranha. Piranha is a no-brainer, so, after these crap movie, you will actually feel relieved to watch some movies which don't just do away with some cheap props.   

The scenes took place in two locations of the supermarket - the basement parking and the shopping arena. Two groups of people were trapped separately and there's a 12 ft great white shark in each area. Beats me how these sharks got washed in there because it only appear after the casts have swam onto the top of the freezers. Given that there were so many bloody dead bodies floating, the shark would have attacked right away. My best bet is that the sharks have got a shock after the tsunami.
Photo taken from screenslam
Photo taken from screenslam
I can accept the part where the shark was found in the basement parking though. At least the parking has got bigger entrance for the shark to get washed through. I'm wondering if shark is very smart? Can it sense movements in the air and chomp on it like that? --> 




A quick glance through Oceanic Dreams told me that sharks can sense metal in the water and that's the reason why they destroy divers' props and cage. I wonder why this shark is not curious about this person? 

It's a brilliant idea anyways. But he should loosen the head-cage-gear before going for the switch. Or he should try using his leg to switch off the main power. If he did, he would have survived the ordeal. 

The story progresses pretty OK but the end was too abrupt and cheesy with the dialogue of:
"What's next?"
"Next? We start over."

The casts just blow their way out of the supermarket and climbed out...and stand there. I thought the director would take a scene of the aftermaths - or perhaps, that is too costly to shoot? Hmm...however, credits must be given especially after reading this article from Toonaripost (despite the low rating given in Rotten Tomatoes). The movie was packed into 90 minutes and although it's not awesome, it does did a good job on trying to make the shark looks as real as possible as compared to some movies which don't even bother doing that part of the job. The suspense was definitely there and it offers some good laugh too.

The best was that Julian McMohan is one of the casts. He was Cole from Charmed - my ALL-TIME favourite! He came up with the idea of setting a bait for the shark and they have managed to trapped and injured it. 

End note: Watch after you are left with no new good movies to watch. It's quite entertaining actually. But of course, if you want to see more of Julian McMohan - go and WATCH. He is still as charming <3 data-="data-" p="p">blogger-escaped-div="div">


p/s: KLCC parking hasn't change one bit. RM3 for the first hour and RM3 for the subsequent hour plus a 6% GST. I don't understand about the GST part - were are paying for the space but..GST? What goods and what services am I getting? I took the ticket and I drove into the compound...so what goods and what services do I get? I don't see a single security guard patrolling. So WHAT services?

Now you get it why KLCC is the last place I'd want to hang out nowadays. It's not like the Putra line is of any convenience to me since I still have to get all the way to Masjid Jamek for a change of train. 

0 c a r r o t s: